Players Cup #1
Who is the best SLOThrower? Well… we are about to find out! SLOThrowers is hosting a ‘members only’ 3 month tour consisting of 12 Singles Events played on all 3 SLO Courses!!!
—> View The SLOThrowers Events Calendar
—> View Current Players Cup Points -> PDF / Excel
Players Cup Rules and Information
Member’s show up to a ‘Players Cup Singles’ event.
Buy-in, ace pots and rules are all stay the same as a normal weekly event. BUT you have the option to pay an extra $5 to go into the ‘Player’s Cup’ pot. At the end of the event, payouts are the same, but if you opted in for the ‘Player’s Cup’ you get a Point for every person you beat that day. – e.g. 10 players show up, you get 1st, you get 9 points. You get 5th, you get 4 points, you get last, you get zero points.
– Points are counted regardless of how many people opt in for the Player’s Cup.
– These points are recorded week after week, tallied and posted on the site for everyone to see.
– Player’s Cup schedule will be set for 3 months out and whoever has the most points wins the pot. (Probably a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place split).
– At the end of the schedule, we’ll try to plan our monthly so that the player’s can duke it out in case the points are close.
– Not everyone can make every event and some days you just plain suck, so player’s will keep their 7 best events.
– Schedule will be set for 3 months out, courses and times will fluctuate, so hopefully everyone can plan their events accordingly and make it to 7 out of 12. The 12 Events will be: 4 Saturday Morning Events, 4 Saturday Afternoon Events and 4 Tuesday Afternoon Events.
– Player’s cup is optional and if you feel like you want to bail out once you started.. no big deal, but your money stays in the pot.
– Payout ‘rough’ example.. Let’s say 10 players play 7 events each @ $5 each. Pot would equal $280 ($1 goes to club at each event). 1st place would take $140. 2nd. place would take $90. 3rd. place would take $50.
– After the schedule is over and pot is payed out. A new schedule will begin and a new Player’s Cup starts over.